D2 is looking for a qualified, entry-level IT TECHNICIAN to troubleshoot, maintain, and install computer systems, networks, and software for local and regional customers. In this position, the successful applicant will be comfortable frequently switching between various systems and talking with multiple different customers each day, over the phone or in person.
To be considered for this job, you must be friendly and approachable, and eager to speak with and explain issues to customers. These qualities are essential! The ideal candidate would also have a thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software, as well as a variety of software applications, operating systems, and networks. This individual should have strong troubleshooting abilities and keen attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organization. D2 offers a competitive wage, PTO, flexible work environment, employee purchase program, and bonus after one year.
The candidate will be based in North Sioux City, SD.
- Record, update, and document requests using the IT help desk system
- Take ownership of customer IT issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes in order to restore service as soon as possible, or escalate incidents to other support teams, as needed
- Set up customers with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Check or repair computer hardware to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Develop and maintain local networks to optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, or via phone as needed
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without impacting the work of others
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers and colleagues at all levels
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of Internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field is an advantage but not required
- IT Technician certification, e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional is an advantage but not required
For more information, contact us below or upload and send your resume from this page.